Alright ladies and gentlemen,
Tis the second day of my TERRIFYING REIGN of this journal xD and today is all about the prompts!
This week I'm handling both the Light and Dark prompts so you'll be getting a bit of my own flavour in both. I do apologise though as I only wrote 3 for each, but I'm sure you'll have some fun with them and of course I intend to write according to the prompts as well :'3
The Prompts (ALL FRESH AND ALL NEW!):
- A smile is a beautiful thing. Why not make someone smile with your writing (Dedicate it to them! Either explicitly or implicitly ;'3)
- You've come a long way from the past. Think back on the good times (Bonus: Use day and night as a part of the poem!)
- When the Sun found the Moon she/he was...? (Use this as a part of your poem, but please don't write "drinking tea in a garden" xD)
- As we share a drink in an old tavern, tell me a tale of how broken your heart is. (Drinks are on me mate)
- You know what's funny. I cared about this girl so deeply that I'd drop anything just to make her smile. She's marrying someone else tonight... (Use this as the theme and feel free to substitute the genders as necessary ^^)
- You're probably thinking of texting your ex by the time you get to this prompt right? Go ahead, write her the text that you never sent be it sad or angry. Just show me what you've got (Bonus: Poem has rhymes and can be rapped :'P Think Hollywood Undead)
Please don't forget to put in either the title or the description that this is a prompt, as well as tag it with #LnDPrompt and #TheWriterGang if you can.
Now as Sakurai has mentioned before, I'll redo Writer Showcase #9 when I get the chance, but I've gotta get through the backlog I have first.
In the mean time, please enjoy the following things!
First up, my 301 Appeal! If you don't know what this is, it's basically a way to get more of your art advertised for FREE! All you have to do is participate in the appeal. Most of the details will be in my journal on the DA page.
If you'd like to see how it works just check out the 3rd video in my 's 301 Appeal Shout-outs, starring Sakurai as one of the participants.
In addition to that please enjoy, Deviant Poetry - Writing Unleashed - Ep #12
Round 4 of my 's 301 Appeal is already underway so make sure to join if you haven't already (And even if you have already XD).
Here's a reminder of how it works:
If you want to get a little bit more exposure for your page and work, just join up with the appeal and post your score to me, details are in the journal: wordofchen.deviantart.com/jour…
Check out some of Chen's other Writer Gang related videos, if you haven't already:
And last but not least, a big thank you to everyone who submits their work into our lovely group and I know you don't see me much outside of the videos and my personal work, but I truly love all of you.
Anyway tomorrow I'll be bringing you all both the Light and Dark prompts so stay tuned and I'll see you in the next one!
Your Boy Chennie
Co-Founder of the Writer Gang [Poet Life!]